Great Lake Swimmers
sAtURDAY, september 16, 2017
lowest of the low
tHE INBREDS (REUNION)
BY DIVINE RIGHT
THE LONELY PARADE
With between set DJ music curated by Stories Behind The Songs
Selected Artist Videos
Sandbanks Music Festival - September 16, 2017 - Music goes from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Limited Advance Tickets $30 + HST
At the gate tickets were be $35 + HST
1. Great Lake Swimmers (Toronto) - Visit artist website
2. JUST ADDED - Lowest of the Low (Toronto) - Visit artist website
3. The Inbreds (Oshawa/Kingston/Halifax) - Visit artist website
4. By Divine Right (Toronto) - View artist website
5. Vallens (Toronto) - View artist website
6. Solids (Montreal) - View artist website
7. Lydia Képinski (Montreal) - View artist website
8. The Lonely Parade (Peterborough) - View artist website
Doors Open - 2:00 pm
ALL DAY! - Between set DJ music curated by Stories Behind The Songs
- Children under 12 accompanied by an adult are free!
- Please note there is an additional parking fee per vehicle of $13 to get into the Provincial Park. Come early and spend the morning on the beach to make the most of your day!
- $1 from every ticket will go the Friends of Sandbanks to support upkeep and development of the delicate park ecosystem.
- Advance tickets are non-refundable. This is a rain or shine event.
- Your advance e-tickets will be delivered via email and you can print out to provide at the gate on September 17, 2016. All e-tickets display a unique QR code which we will use to scan at the gate.
NOTE - Advance Sandbanks Music Festival tickets are available locally at Books & Company (289 Main Street) for $30+HST (cash or cheque only). Stop by and say hello!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about tickets.
You've got to camp! Sandbanks Provincial Park has the best beach, the smoothest sand and the best camping in Ontario! This festival provides a completely unique opportunity for festival-goers to enjoy the beach/show/art/food and then walk right to their very own campsite!
Camping Option A - Trailer Comfort!
We get a lot of families and groups that like to camp in comfort and we highly recommend trailer rentals that will allow you to show up to your campsite with a proper full-size trailer already hooked up, set up and ready for the family. Our trailer partners do all the work to get you set up for when you arrive. Please note that these are two night rentals, so you'll need to sign up for both Friday and Saturday night. Here are the three easy steps you can do to get this arranged:
Camping Option B - Tent
We get a lot of families and groups that have all the gear and prefer the classic tent camping experience. Here are the two easy steps you can do to set this up:
FOOD AND DRINK
Get ready for great food at Sandbanks Music Festival. Local food vendors will be onsite including Drake Devonshire BBQ, Picnic Food Truck, Slow Taco, Pizza Via, The Shore Oysters, Lemonade Dave, Chill Zone Ice Cream and more!
Free Kids Programming
We'll have free kids programming going all day long!
We want Sandbanks Music Festival to be a great time for all, and you know kids are the best part of an exciting time, anytime! We've got a whole collection of unique kids programming that will not just keep it fun for young people, but enrich the experience for everyone.
The Kids Tent will be sponsored by our good friends at The County. Here's what we have lined up:
1. Capes - Kids will get a chance to create their own rock and roll capes working with our textile artist Krista Dalby! All junior artistes will get to keep their creations as a momento of their time on the beach at Sandbanks Music Festival!
2. Art Face Painting - Face painting is real art, and we will bring in a real artist to do it! We're not just talking about cute cat faces, but real one-of-a-kind temporary masterpieces that the kids will love. This walking art will make put a smile on the face of everyone and the whole place will sparkle even more than it already does with the crystal clear water of Sandbanks beach right nearby!
3. Murals - All day long, we'll be working with the kids to create a collection of four large murals that will be hung on the sides of the stage. A great way to create an unique artistic collaboration that everyone will get to enjoy.
Art on stage
Original, handcrafted up cycled textile art returns to Sandbanks Music Festival!
Off the heels of receiving the Helen Gregor Award as part of Craft Ontario’s 40th Anniversary, Suendrini once again brings her eco-friendly spotlight as part of her on-going body of work, Artful Waste, to the environmental concerns of climate change.
Sandbanks Music Festival 2016’s art on stage was inspired by Japanese artist of the Edo period, Katsushika Hokusai’s iconic pieces on Water. Suendrini created a five-piece customized art installation, titled, “Blue” that brought awareness to the powerful subject matter.
The projections in the The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development’s (OECD) Environmental Outlook to 2050 suggest that freshwater availability will be strained unless new policies, awareness building and actions are taken to improve the current outlook.
Art On Stage 2016 - County Pop
Stage art installation, "Ode To Prince and Green For All"
Photo of Ron Sexsmith by Michael Lindon
Art On Stage 2015 - Sandbanks New Waves
Photo of Sarah Harmer by Suendrini
Up cycled textile landscape art, "Secret Beach, Prince Edward County" on stage
The Sandbanks Music Festival is presented by a small team of local music lovers, lead by Zunior.com's Dave Ullrich. Living part-time in Milford, Dave paid his rock and roll duty touring Canada and the world as half of the 90's duo The Inbreds, learning about what makes a great music festival. He also runs the Canadian online digital music store www.zunior.com, which celebrated its 10-year anniversary by presenting the Sandbanks New Waves festival in 2014, with a second event featuring Sarah Harmer in 2015. Zunior also presented the 2016 County Pop Music Festival at the Crystal Palace in downtown Picton, with a follow-up event that took place on Saturday, May 6, 2017.
The Sandbanks Music Festival team includes logistical leadership from Lori Farrington of the Prince Edward Learning Centre, operational ownership from Emily Cowan Sanderson of Quench Creative and strategic supervision from Helen Hawketts of Vintage Map Co.
Email: Write us anytime at email@example.com.