2016 headliner - sloan
Also featuring performances by
just added! - Limblifter!
The Peter Elkas BanD
With between set DJ music curated by Stories Behind The Songs
| Saturday, September 17, 2016 | Limited Advance Tickets $30 |
Selected Artist Videos
September 17, 2016
Limited Advance Tickets $30 + HST - Click here to buy now!
At the gate tickets will be $35 + HST
Sandbanks Music Festival runs in two parts (see below), and all food and drink vendors will be available all day long. Here's how it will work:
Main Show (4:00 pm to 8:00 pm) - TICKETS REQUIRED
1. Sloan (Halifax/Toronto) - Visit artist website
2. Limblifter (Vancouver) - Visit artist website
3. Snowblink (Toronto) - View artist website
4. The Peter Elkas Band (Toronto) - View artist website
5. Jim Bryson (Ottawa) - View artist website
ALL DAY! - Between set DJ music curated by Stories Behind The Songs
- Children under 12 accompanied by an adult are free!
- Please note there is an additional parking fee per vehicle of $13 to get into the Provincial Park. Come early and spend the morning on the beach to make the most of your day!
- $1 from every ticket will go the Friends of Sandbanks to support upkeep and development of the delicate park ecosystem.
- Advance tickets are non-refundable.
- Your advance e-tickets will be delivered via email and you can print out to provide at the gate on September 17, 2016. All e-tickets display a unique QR code which we will use to scan at the gate.
NOTE - Advance Sandbanks Music Festival tickets are also available locally at Books & Company (289 Main Street) for $30+HST (cash or cheque only), or in Toronto at Soundscapes (572 College Street) also for $30+HST (cash only). Stop by and say hello!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about tickets.
You've got to camp! Sandbanks Provincial Park has the best beach, the smoothest sand and the best camping in Ontario! This festival provides a completely unique opportunity for festival-goers to enjoy the beach/show/art/food and then walk right to their very own campsite!
This event could only be held at Sandbanks Park because we love it so much, and we know you will too. Booking a campsite is easy as going right here and reserving online. Make your experience at the festival something to remember by camping right at the park! The weather will still be nice and warm in September and there will be camping sites available. Book your campsite using this link today!
FOOD AND DRINK
Get ready for great food at Sandbanks Music Festival. Local food vendors will be onsite including Drake Devonshire BBQ, Picnic Food Truck, Slow Taco, Slab Creek Pie Wood-Fired Pizza, The Shore Oysters, Lemonade Dave, The Pink Lunch Pail and more!
The Sandbanks Music Festival event area is licensed for sampling local wine from Karlo Estates, local cider from County Cider and Empire Cider, along with draft beer from Beaus.
Free Kids Programming
We'll have kids programming going all day long!
We want Sandbanks Music Festival to be a great time for all, and you know kids are the best part of an exciting time, anytime! We've got a whole collection of unique kids programming that will not just keep it fun for young people, but enrich the experience for everyone on September 17.
The Kids Tent will be sponsored by our good friends at The County. Here's what we have lined up:
1. Rock and Roll Costumes - Kids will get a chance to create their own rock and roll costumes working with our textile artist Krista Dalby! All junior artistes will get to keep their creations as a momento of their time on the beach at Sandbanks Music Festival!
2. Art Face Painting - Face painting is real art, and we will bring in a real artist to do it! We're not just talking about cute cat faces, but real one-of-a-kind temporary masterpieces that the kids will love. This walking art will make put a smile on the face of everyone and the whole place will sparkle even more than it already does with the crystal clear water of Sandbanks beach right nearby!
3. Murals - All day long, we'll be working with the kids to create a collection of four large murals that will be hung on the sides of the stage. Talk about a great way to create an unique artistic collaboration that everyone will get to enjoy.
As part of her on-going work in Artful Waste, Suendrini returns for the third year to share her work at Sandbanks Park. Her art arose out of a necessity to survive the sense of helplessness that accompanies bearing witness to the damage done to the natural world. When working as a designer in the corporate world, Suendrini Goonesekera looked within the industry for areas of environmental waste. She found that some of the resource-rich textile sample books, once out of trend, found their way into the trash receptacle.
Suendrini repurposes those rescued textiles in her on-going work, Artful Waste. This amplifies the environmental message by interweaving it into the medium. Not only does it demonstrate the importance of recycling, her work also contains no inks, no dyes, no paints, no interfacing and therefore is a labour of love. Her high-performing textiles are all meticulously hand-cut fabric that are sewn down onto other larger pieces of reclaimed textile that act as the background canvas.
The Sandbanks Music Festival is presented by a small team of local music lovers, lead by Zunior.com's Dave Ullrich. Living part-time in Milford, Dave paid his rock and roll duty touring Canada and the world as half of the 90's duo The Inbreds, learning about what makes a great music festival. He also runs the Canadian online digital music store www.zunior.com, which celebrated its 10-year anniversary by presenting the Sandbanks New Waves festival in 2014, with a second event featuring Sarah Harmer in 2015. Zunior also presented the 2016 County Pop Music Festival at the Crystal Palace in downtown Picton, with a follow-up event happening on Saturday, May 6, 2017.
The Sandbanks Music Festival team includes logistical leadership from Lori Farrington of the Prince Edward Learning Centre, operational ownership from Emily Cowan Sanderson of Vicki's Veggies/Quench Creative and strategic supervision from Helen Hawketts of County Cupboard.
Email: Write us anytime at email@example.com.