OVERVIEW OF PAST SANDBANKS MUSIC EVENTS
Sandbanks Music Festival 2016
Okay, so it rained a bit last year...but that did not stop the fun, or the crowd! Our 2016 headliner was SLOAN and it was the third year for a music, family, food event at Sandbanks Provincial Park presented by Zunior.com. Learn more about our past events right here.
Sandbanks Music Festival 2016 - Photo Slideshow (featuring photos from various contributors)
Held on Saturday, September 16, 2016, the music lineup included:
1. Sloan (Halifax/Toronto) - Visit artist website
2. Limblifter (Vancouver) - Visit artist website
3. Snowblink (Toronto) - View artist website
4. The Peter Elkas Band (Toronto) - View artist website
5. Jim Bryson (Ottawa) - View artist website
6. Taylor Knox (Toronto) - View artist website
7. Jérémie Albino (PEC) - View artist website
ALL DAY! - Between set DJ music curated by Stories Behind The Songs
This event was great for all ages, and we had families, friends and music lovers from all over coming to the shores of the beautiful Sandbanks Beach. The music was featured on the park's own Outlet Beach Stage with additional sound, lights and stage covering to make a show that rocked rain or shine.
- Camping - We had more families and groups than ever before camping onsite, often in groups of families that all come together with neighbouring campsites to enjoy the laid back environment of Sandbanks Park along with this original music event. Camping with your friends is the way to do this festival and we recommend trailer rental camping or old school tent camping. Learn more about camping options here.
- Free Kids Programming - Krista Dalby and Suzanne Larner ran our free all-day Kids Zone, sponsored by The County.
- Local Food Vendors - Our food vendors including The Drake, PICNIC, The Shore Oysters, Pink Lunch Pail, Slab Creek Pizza, Slow Taco and Lemonade Dave.
- Poster - County T-Shirts created our event poster and t-shirts.
- Beverages - Our beverage vendors were Beau's, Karlo Estates, County Cider and Empire Cider.
- Media Sponsors - Key sponsors that helped us spread the word about the event including County FM 99.3, The Times, The Gazette, The Bay of Quinte, The Regent Theatre, Books & Company.
- Art on Stage - The stage featured amazing upcycled textile art that framed our County Pop stage painstakingly hand-created by Suendrini Goonesekera - http://suendrini.com.
- Friends of Sandbanks - $1 from every ticket purchased went to support the work of the Friends of Sandbanks. Thanks to them for their support in the upkeep and development of the delicate park ecosystem and thank you for buying a ticket!
- #sandbanksmusic - Check out our hashtag on Instagram from last year. It's almost like being there!
- Sold Out - Tickets for 2016 completely sold out so make sure you get your 2017 tickets today!
The 2016 Commercial
We also made a commercial for our 2016 event that played online and in locations all over PEC including The Regent Theatre.
The 2016 Poster
Finally, here is our amazing 2016 poster created by Ken Hudson from County T-Shirt Company!
Sandbanks New Waves - September 19, 2015
Sandbanks New Waves - September 13, 2014